FAQs for Volunteers and donors
What kind of Volunteer help do you need? When Can I help?
- There are many ways you can get involved! See our volunteer page for details.
- If your church or other group wants to get involved, please be in touch so that we can work with you.
What donated items do you need the most?
- We appreciate the types of donated items that we distribute: food, personal care items. See our donations page for specifics.
- We can also use fresh vegetables grown in your garden. Please call or contact us to arrange a drop-off time.
How do I make a financial donation?
- If you send a check, please make the check out to the Presbytery of Genesee Valley, with "South Wedge Food Program" in the memo line.
- If you donate through the United Way, you may choose United Way donor option #1620 (South Wedge Food Program).
Faqs for food clients
What do I need to bring for Food?
- An ID showing where you live, please. Don't forget to bring IDs for the other members of your household, so that we can provide food for them, too.
- We can also take a referral from a community agency or a church.
When are you open?
- We're open Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9:00 am to noon.
What about holidays?
- We are usually closed on holidays. If you're not sure, please give us a call, 585-325-4950. If you leave us a phone message, we will try to call you back.
- Please bring your client's name and birth date so that we may assist you.
When We're Open
Monday, 9:00 am to noon
Wednesday, 9:00 am to noon
Friday, 9:00 am to noon
On holidays, please check to make sure we are open.